High speed computer and digital long term memory are built-in
Unlike other systems, with the decentralised MOBOTIX concept, a high-speed computer and if necessary, digital long-term memory (MicroSD Card) is built into every camera, potentially providing several days of recording time.
The PC and the video control centre now serve only for viewing and controlling the cameras (PTZ), not for analysis or recording. This makes it unnecessary to purchase expensive video management software, as the most important and computer-intensive functions are already integrated in the Logical MOBOTIX cameras.
The higher the resolution, the more accurate the detail in the image
With analogue technology (Conventional cameras), a recorded image generally has no more than 0.1 megapixels (CIF). One single Logical Mobotix camera records around 50 times more detail.
Image from a 5 megapixels Mobotix security camera
Mobotix high resolution image quality:
- Additional recording of lip-synchronous audio increases the chance of identification
- High resolution enables enlargement of details even in the recorded video stream
- Reduced motion blur, less image noise, lower storage and bandwidth requirements
- The MxPEG video codec that is only available with MOBOTIX systems is the only image codec specifically designed for security cameras
Cost savings with fewer security cameras needed
High resolution cameras result in larger image areas with up to 360° allround views are possible, thus reducing the number of cameras, and therefore the costs. For example, four lanes of a petrol station can be recorded with one Logical Mobotix camera instead of four conventional cameras.
Mobotix hemispheric video technology
An entire room can be effectively monitored with innovative Mobotix hemispheric technology, with no blind spots from wall to wall and floor to ceiling. Within fractions of a second, the microprocessor of the camera transforms the hemispheric image into an undistorted, wide-angle panorama image.
Software included for life
- The software is always supplied within the camera and for an unlimited number of cameras and users.
- The software package supplied with the camera also includes professional control centre software.
- Updates are supplied free of charge on the website.
Robust and low maintenance
Mobotix cameras do not require any lens or positioning motors. Without any moving parts, they are so robust that maintenance is reduced to a minimum. The unique temperature range from -30° to +60°C (-22° to +140°F) is achieved without heating or fan at only 3 watts power consumption.
Since no PC hard disk is required for recording, there are no parts that wear out in the entire video system.